[ntp:questions] quirky adjtimex behaviour

Jan Ceuleers janspam.ceuleers at skynet.be
Fri Jan 4 08:40:22 UTC 2008

Dean,

Dean S. Messing wrote:
> I am seeing strange behaviour on my _x86_64 Fedora 7 desktop
> workstation with regard to the "system-cmos" time that `adjtimex'
> reports.

I've not read your whole post; it's clear that you've been wrestling
with this problem for a while and have done quite a bit of work already.

Can I however suggest that you first try and eliminate CPU frequency
scaling as a cause of the symptoms you're seeing: use cpufreq-set -g to
select a policy that results in a constant CPU frequency and then check
if this changes the behaviour (or renders it more predictable).

HTH.

Jan