[ntp:questions] Lep seconds

David L. Mills mills at udel.edu
Fri Jan 4 14:57:00 UTC 2008

Guys,

As long as you have the current NIST leapseconds file and recent NTP
distribution, the TAI-UTC offset is provided automatically in the tai
member of the ntp_gettime() structure. Provision for this member might
not be universal in various operating systems. The
/usr/include/sys/timex.h heaer file should reveal the truth.

Dave