[ntp:questions] ntp documentation

Richard B. Gilbert rgilbert88 at comcast.net
Fri Jan 4 21:47:30 UTC 2008

Unruh wrote:
> Where is there ntp documentation? For example I wanted to have ntp write
> out the statistics  on its peers etc. I looked everywhere-- man page of
> ntp, ntp.conf, etc, and finally discovered by looking at the source that
> there seem to be a huge bunch of undocumented options.
> Or are they documented somewhere in that filing cabinette down some broken
> steps in a flooded basement, behind a door labeled "Beware of Tigers"

You'll find the secret staircase at ntp.org.  The humidity may be a
little high in the basement but it's not actually wet.  ;-)

This snippet from my ntp.conf might help:

logfile /var/ntp/ntp.log
statsdir /var/ntp/ntpstats/
statistics peerstats clockstats
filegen peerstats file peerstats type day enable
filegen clockstats file clockstats type day enable