[ntp:questions] ntp documentation

Steve Kostecke kostecke at ntp.org
Fri Jan 4 22:19:04 UTC 2008

On 2008-01-04, Unruh <unruh-spam at physics.ubc.ca> wrote:

> Where is there ntp documentation? For example I wanted to have ntp
> write out the statistics on its peers etc. I looked everywhere-- man
> page of ntp, ntp.conf, etc, and finally discovered by looking at the
> source that there seem to be a huge bunch of undocumented options.
> Or are they documented somewhere in that filing cabinette down some
> broken

The Distribution Documentation for the current development
version of the NTP Reference Implementation is at
http://www.eecis.udel.edu/~mills/ntp/html/index.html. This documentation
is regularly updated to reflect the feature set in the current
development version and may not be correct for older, or stable,
versions of NTP. Links to this documentation are at:

	* http://www.ntp.org/documentation.html
	* http://support.ntp.org/docs

Please refer to those URLs for links to other NTP-related documentation.

The Distribution Documentation snap-shot for any release of the NTP
Reference Implementataion will be found in the html directory in the
source tree.

The NTP FAQ is available at http://www.ntp.org/ntpfaq/NTP-a-faq.htm

Community Supported Documentation for the NTP Reference Implementation
may be found at http://support.ntp.org/support

Your OS may include man pages for NTP. Please keep in mind that
these man pages are a third-party conversion from the Distribution
Documentation and may not be correct or up-to-date.

Your OS may have installed NTP documentation in /usr/doc or
/usr/share/doc or some similar location.

--
Steve Kostecke <kostecke at ntp.org>