[ntp:questions] NTP Dictionary

Dean S. Messing deanm at sharplabs.com
Fri Jan 4 20:08:26 UTC 2008

David L. Mills wrote:
> Rod,
>
> Don't get me started. If you are really ancient, you can cite the
> naughty color code "bad boys..." and if from dinosaur era you know the
> significance of the swinging-choke song "Dance with me Henry".
>
> Gawd, does anybody even know what a swinging choke is? As I said, con't
> get me started...
>
> Dave
>
> Rod Dorman wrote:
> > In article <477C5EF3.6010401 at udel.edu>, David L. Mills <mills at udel.edu> wrote:
> >
> >>Same time I changed in step with common electrical engineering practice
> >
> >>from capacitator to capacitor, yea from megacycle to megahertz.
> >
> > Yeah but a megahertz crossing the wheatstone bridge just isn't as
> > funny.

Ah, yes! Fond memories from long bygone Amateur Radio days.  I and
another Ham used a swinging choke in a pi-network for a 2KW RF (tube)
amplifier we built many, many moons ago.  (We even wound the power
transformer, as a learning experience).  But I never learnt the song.

But I can still recite
"Bad boys r... o... y... g... b... v... gives willingly" -:)
Oh, the stuff that sticks in one's brain!

Dean