[ntp:questions] ntp documentation

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.not-this-bit.nor-this-bit.co.uk
Sat Jan 5 07:43:43 UTC 2008

Unruh wrote:
> "Dennis Hilberg, Jr." <timekeeper at dennishilberg.com.invalid> writes:
[]
>> The official NTP docs are in html format only.
>
> And impossible to wade through. Could you tell me where the
> statistics and the peerstats directives are actually discussed?
> Trying to look at those docs gives me no hint.
>
> Ie, what is needed is like in the man page-- a list of the config
> variables and options with a brief description.

Try using a search engine, e.g. Google with:

  site:www.eecis.udel.edu peerstats

I agree that it's not always easy to find things in the HTML, but that's a
function of the content, not the document format.  Section 8.1.2 discusses
peerstats and loopstats:

  http://www.eecis.udel.edu/~ntp/ntpfaq/NTP-s-trouble.htm

BTW: none of the systems I use support "man pages" - but they can all read
HTML documents, so please don't take the HTML away!

Cheers,
David