[ntp:questions] ntpd and network sockets

Harlan Stenn stenn at ntp.org
Tue Jan 8 06:41:31 UTC 2008

Folks,

We're trying to nail down some better behavior for ntpd and network sockets.

Please visit http://support.ntp.org/bin/view/Dev/NtpdAndNetworkSockets

Having real examples of various setups (what IPs on what interfaces, and if
ntpd should listen, open-read-drop, or not open to a socket for that IP)
would be real helpful.

My goal is to have something that will work in general, with sufficient
capabilities to handle the difficult cases without undue baggage.

I want to get a Good solution - neither under- nor over-designed.
--
Harlan Stenn <stenn at ntp.org>
http://ntpforum.isc.org  - be a member!