[ntp:questions] using both a PPS source and a HBG (dcf-77-like) timesource?

Hal Murray hal-usenet at ip-64-139-1-69.sjc.megapath.net
Sun Jan 13 19:49:13 UTC 2008

>                        The radio receiver will be late by of the
> order of millisec, while the gps will be "on time" to microseconds.
> Of course you may not care, but someone who has two onboard time sources
> would care, I would think.

The radio propagation delay can be "fudged" out.

How stable is the radio delay?  I remember discussions about night vs
day, but I think that was for long distances, bouncing off the
ionosphere which changed height at night.  I'd expect it to be
pretty stable if you are close to the transmitter - ground wave.