[ntp:questions] using both a PPS source and a HBG (dcf-77-like) timesource?

David L. Mills mills at udel.edu
Mon Jan 14 14:28:18 UTC 2008

Hal,

AS little bit of digging in th NIST monograph of 1965 shows the change
in carrier phase lag at 60 kHz varies abouit one cycle or 17
microseconds over the day and night. This is for a 2460 km path between
Boulder and Ottawa where the ray angle incidence is rather small.
Another reference shows the ionospheric reflection height varies 73-87
km over the day and night, which for vertical incidence results in about
47 microseconds variation. Make the ray propagation delay 3.3
microseconds per km.

Dave