[ntp:questions] thttpd and auto-redirect

Maarten Wiltink maarten at kittensandcats.net
Wed Jan 16 08:40:29 UTC 2008

"fulloffacts.com" <felipe.alvarez at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:0005238a-0779-4598-a2e1-73be45a332be at q39g2000hsf.googlegroups.com...

> When somebody automatically types "0.ca.pool.ntp.org" it *might* go to
> my IP address, but I don't have a redirect setup for that hostname. I
> am using thttpd. How can I make a redirect for
>
> *.pool.ntp.org
>
> Any thoughts?

One of the first thoughts is that no-one should point their HTTP client
at 0.ca.pool.ntp.org. Pool.ntp.org, yes. Canada, perhaps. Canada zero,
not likely.

Other than that... read the florid manual. Or just write out all the
possible redirects; there aren't _that_ many, and you know where you are.

Groetjes,
Maarten Wiltink