[ntp:questions] NTP RPMs For RHEL/CentOS

Jason Rabel jason at extremeoverclocking.com
Thu Jan 17 01:45:24 UTC 2008

I'm just curious if anyone has come across any current (3rd party) RPMs for
RHEL/CentOS. I run a mix of versions 3, 4, and 5, some 32bit and some 64bit.

I was playing around building some RPMs updating the patch files from one of
the older versions, and even though that worked I noticed there were quite a
few other updates so I used a SRPM from the FC9 branch that used 4.2.4p4 and
made minor generic changes. It's been running fine so far on a CentOS 5
server, tomorrow I'm going to update a couple other machines and see how
that goes.

If nobody knows of any source and if there is interest I can share the RPMs
and / or submit them to a 3rd party repository (like rpmforge) and keep a
more official branch going that keeps up to date with NTP releases.

Jason