[ntp:questions] Getting SNTP to accept large corrections

Jason Rabel jason at extremeoverclocking.com
Thu Jan 17 15:06:58 UTC 2008

> It's an embedded system.  The one I manufacture today can have today
> (or this year) in it but I'll never touch it again to change the
> initial time setting.  One thought I had was periodically write the
> time to a file and use that file to initialize the clock at startup
> before using NTP.

Interesting you say that. I have a little broadband router that I run NTPD
on, and it doesn't have a battery backup or anything. I'll have to see what
the date is upon cold-boot, and what commands are sent to NTP to have it set
to the proper date/time. I'll post again tonight or tomorrow about this.

Jason