[ntp:questions] leapyear bug in gpsd

Danny Mayer mayer at ntp.isc.org
Mon Jan 21 02:15:21 UTC 2008

Johan Swenker wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Today I found why my gps receiver stopped working last newyears eve.
>
> Apparently gpsd has a leapyear bug (repaired on january 1st). Thus it
> reported a january 21 while it still was january 20. Which was discarded
> by ntp. After compiling the new version of gpsd, my PC once again has
> submillisecond accuracy ;)
>
> The PC was running Debian stable, with gpsd from the Debian repositories.
> The PC is still running Debian stable, but with a self compiled version of
> gpsd. In the mean time I did inform the Debian maintainer by mail.
>
> Thus, if you use gpsd to feed ntpd with the correct time, either wait
> untill february 29, or find yourself a better gpsd.
>
> Regards, Johan Swenker

I have never seen someone who says they are a gpsd maintainer on here
but we would be glad to have them comment on this if they are here.
Anyone know where they usually hang out?

It would be useful to compile a list of related projects like this so
that we can find the right people. chrony and openntp fall into this
category.

Danny