[ntp:questions] Building ntp on Solaris 8

Malladi, Sasikanth sasikanth.malladi at citi.com
Thu Jan 24 20:15:34 UTC 2008

Hi all, I'm new to this group and have a question about building ntp on
solaris 8.

I downloaded the source code from sunfreeware and am trying to build it
and ran into the following error:
-------------
gcc -g -O2 -Wall -Wcast-qual -Wmissing-prototypes -Wpointer-arith
-Wshadow -Wstrict-prototypes -o ntpd cmd_args.o ntp_config.o ntp_io.o
ntpd.o ntpd-opts.o version.o  -L/usr/sfw/lib libntpd.a -lm -lcrypto
../libopts/.libs/libopts.a ../libntp/libntp.a -lkvm -lelf -lxnet
-lsocket -lrt -lmd5 -lnsl -lgen -R/usr/sfw/lib
EVP_MD_type                         libntpd.a(ntp_crypto.o)
EVP_MD_pkey_type                    libntpd.a(ntp_control.o)
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to ntpd
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

It seems as if I'm missing a library to the linker but am not sure what
it is.

Any help?

Thanks a lot,
Sashi