[ntp:questions] NTP daemon - fixed offset against real time

msmucr at gmail.com msmucr at gmail.com
Sat Jan 26 17:18:06 UTC 2008

Hello,

i would like to ask you for help or ideas with one ntp related task.
I need to setup one ntp server to serve its sntp clients
with time, which is specific amount of time (several seconds) in
advance against correct real time taken from another ntp server in
network. I did some search in documentation from both ntpd and
openntpd, but i didn't find any configuraition option related to this.
I need this quirky thing due to time syncing of several broadcast
graphics servers which also generates clocks to TV picture and it is
necessary to compensate delay caused by MPEG coding and transmission
of TV signal.

Thanks a lot

Michal Smucr