[ntp:questions] NTP vs chrony comparison (Was: oscillations in ntp clock synchronization)

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.neither-this-bit.nor-this-bit.co.uk
Sun Jan 27 07:36:55 UTC 2008

David L. Mills wrote:
> David,
>
> I didn't get to set the price. Much of the early royalties went to pay
> for indexing. The royalties aren't very much anyway. I did the whole
> thing in FrameMaker, which is what CRC uses. They just blew away my
> templates and blew in their own. Nobrainer for them.
>
> Dave

Yes, Dave, it must be very frustrating when something you would like to be
available to and read by the NTP community is priced out of the reach of
many.  Although an online version might be nice, I still prefer to curl up
with a physical book to study something, and avoid the distractions of
being at the computer.  Perhaps the second edition can be published more
cheaply, and you might even get more royalties?  (I do appreciate that the
royalties are /not/ the reason for publication!)

Cheers,
David