[ntp:questions] NTP vs chrony comparison (Was: oscillations in ntp clock synchronization)

David L. Mills mills at udel.edu
Mon Jan 28 16:41:48 UTC 2008

David,

We can argue about the Hurst parameter, which can't be truly random-walk
as I have assumed, but the approximation is valid up to lag times of at
least a week. However, as I have been cautioned, these plots are really
sensitive to spectral lines due to nonuniform sampling. I was very
careful to avoid such things.

Dave