[ntp:questions] NTP Statistics

Harlan Stenn stenn at ntp.org
Mon Jan 28 22:53:27 UTC 2008

>>> In article <f778d68c-786b-4ae1-a10a-96fa263910ed at i12g2000prf.googlegroups.com>, Steve Pearson <throindarts at yahoo.com> writes:

Steve> Hi, I am using ntpv4.2.0 and have a question about the system
Steve> statistics interpretation on my NTP server.

Steve> The ntp page on monitoring options lists 11 'system stat' fields as
Steve> follows.  http://www.eecis.udel.edu/~mills/ntp/html/monopt.html

Those are Dave's pages, and they reflect the latest -dev code.

For now, the best thing for you to do is get the source code for the version
you are running and look at the code.

The NTP Forum has projects listed to improve the documentation:

 http://ntpforum.isc.org/Main/ForumProject00003
 http://ntpforum.isc.org/Main/ForumProject00004

Another thing the NTP Forum will be helping support.ntp.org have
web-searchable documentation for different versions of NTP.

A significant purpose of the NTP Forum is to find the places where NTP is
giving you "headaches" and then making those headaches go away.

I'm eager to work with folks to get their companies signed up as
institutional members in the NTP Forum so we can get rid of the pain and
have significantly better lives where NTP is concerned.
--
Harlan Stenn <stenn at ntp.org>
http://ntpforum.isc.org  - be a member!