[ntp:questions] GPS and NTP Server

Paul.Croome at softwareag.com Paul.Croome at softwareag.com
Wed Jan 30 07:55:14 UTC 2008

Hallo Noosh,

Yes, it's possible. What sort of GPS receiver do you have? For serious
timekeeping, you should
have a GPS with a PPS output signal; that can achieve accuracy much
better than 1 millisec.
Otherwise, you can configure the GPS to send NMEA sentences to the
computer.
The documentation page http://www.eecis.udel.edu/~mills/ntp/html/drivers/driver20.html
gives details of the NTP configuration.

You can find more documentation that will help to get you started at
http://support.ntp.org/bin/view/Support/WebOrder.

What sort of computer and operating system are you using? You may need
to configure
and compile the source files in order to include support for your
refclock.

If you ask us specific questions, we can help you better.

Paul