[ntp:questions] SNTP test bench

Dag-Erling Smørgrav des at des.no
Wed Jan 30 13:18:25 UTC 2008

"David L. Mills" <mills at udel.edu> writes:
> Yes. The rackety.udel.edu NTP server has KoD enabled and an average
> headway threshold of 16 s. If you send packets at less than 2-s
> headway or less tha 16-s average headway, you should get a KoD
> RATE. If you are not authenticated, pogo.udel.edu should spit KoD AUTH
> at you. But, note that KoDs themselves are rate limited to no more
> than two per second.

Hmm, I've been sending requests at one-second intervals without getting
KoDs back.  It might have something to do with being behind a NAT -
perhaps rackety doesn't mind as long each request comes from a different
port?

> These configurable features are in the current snapshot, so that can
> do the same things.

I'll set one up locally (inside the firewall) and see if I have better
luck with it than with rackety.

Thanks for your help,

DES
Dag-Erling Smørgrav - des at des.no