[ntp:questions] strange behaviour of ntp peerstats entries.

Steve Kostecke kostecke at ntp.org
Wed Jan 30 20:27:25 UTC 2008

On 2008-01-30, Unruh <unruh-spam at physics.ubc.ca> wrote:

> Again while I understand the desire for robustness, designing [NTP]
> so it always assumes very worst case scenario seems like overkill.
> Very few people are 160msec away from servers. Also the use of "pre"
> packets ( whether ping or ntp) really would be useful in ntp precisely
> to wake up switches and reduce these kinds of switch delays.

If you wish to have a specific feature in NTP you can add it yourself
using the source which is available for download from:

http://www.ntp.org/downloads.html
http://support.ntp.org/download

If you want someone else to do the work please consider joining the NTP
Forum http://ntpforum.isc.org/ to help fund development.

--
Steve Kostecke <kostecke at ntp.org>