[ntp:questions] GPS and NTP Server

David Woolley david at ex.djwhome.demon.co.uk.invalid
Thu Jan 31 23:00:03 UTC 2008

noosh wrote:

 > Thank you for kind attention. I have GPS hopf 6842 which is connected

Exactly which model?  There are 7 different user manuals.

> to the NTP Server. i want to connect these 2 device(GPS to NTP Server)
> by serial port and then NTP Server should get the time from GPS. how

For the most accurate time, you need to connect the PPS outputs, which
seem to be separate from the RS 232 interface.  (It's not worth
downloading the manual to check this without the exact version information.)

> NTP Server sychronize itself with GPS which is connecte to its serial
> port then?

According to the NTP documentation.  Alternatively, I would guess you
may be able to find someone who will support you at standard consultancy
rates.

This may give you some clues:

<http://www.hopf.com/software/products/ntp/README.REDHAT>