[ntp:questions] How to get uclibc style timezone string (e.g GMT+0IST-1, M3.5.0/01:00:00, M10.5.0/02:00:00) from javascript

Rohit will.u.tellmemore at gmail.com
Wed Jul 2 09:55:02 UTC 2008

I am trying to get client machine's timezone from my java script . But
i have no idea how would i be able to get it in uclibc format. (e.g.
GMT+0IST-1,M3.5.0/01:00:00,M10.5.0/02:00:00) . I saw couple of posting
on net which suggest getTimezoneoffset or may be calculation with
dates from script  gives correct  offset including day light saving
time but i am not sure how correct this is. Again even if its
correct , its not telling me when (exact date and time )day light
saving adjustment starts and ends which is last part of /etc/TZ
string, Is there  a way to get this from java script.

-- Rohit