[ntp:questions] Ruh, roh. Leap Second?

Peter Laws plaws at ou.edu
Thu Jul 3 14:14:19 UTC 2008

Peter Laws wrote:

> All are running RHEL 4 or 5 and are reasonably current on patches.  None
> use anything but the NTP version distributed with RHEL.

Looks like my brand new, not-yet-in-service DNS/DHCP appliances recorded
the leap second as well, so that effectively eliminates RHEL, since none of
the appliances talk to anyone but themselves and those same three clocks.

Since none of y'all got leaped GPS is probably not the culprit ...  So, I
guess I need at least update the other TymServ 2100 to the last version of
it's code and then to determine what that unknown GPS clock is and upgrade
it if I can.

Nobody else got leaped the other day?  *No* one??

--
Peter Laws / N5UWY
plaws at ou.edu