[ntp:questions] How to get uclibc style timezone string (e.g GMT+0IST-1, M3.5.0/01:00:00, M10.5.0/02:00:00) from javascript

Harlan Stenn stenn at ntp.org
Tue Jul 8 19:40:07 UTC 2008

>>> In article <487354EB.9030403 at ntp.isc.org>, mayer at ntp.isc.org (Danny Mayer) writes:

Harlan> I agree with Martin - I am happy to see this information in this
Harlan> newsgroup.

Danny> I deal with Javascript every day and would never look here for
Danny> answers to get answers for Javascript issues. This has all to do with
Danny> Locale issues and how javascript can get to the information.

So what?  This is not about you, it's about other people.

It's about where folks go to look for information about time-related things.

Danny> The same holds for getting information about language, currency and
Danny> numbers. You wouldn't ask about them here would you?

Red herring.

--
Harlan Stenn <stenn at ntp.org>
http://ntpforum.isc.org  - be a member!