[ntp:questions] Kernel PLL, microkernel and the simulator.

David L. Mills mills at udel.edu
Wed Jul 23 17:30:00 UTC 2008

David,

You quote the sampling theorem, which is a little more powerful than
Nyquist. However, you are correct in that the NTP filter is not
brick-wall. To compensate for that, the minimum sampling rate is at
least twice the Nyquist rate. Having said all that, the proof is in the
very many simulation runs with the actual code, which confirms the
expected risetime and overshoot.

Dave