[ntp:questions] ntpdate with auth

David L. Mills mills at udel.edu
Wed Jul 23 17:40:08 UTC 2008

Grzegorz,

Be advised the ntpdc program has long ago fallen in disrepair and is not
to be maintained further. In particular, the feature to add, remove and
modify remote associations is not consistent with current manycast and
pool autoconfigure provisions. The ntpq program is intended as
replacement in that it can do anything that the configuration file
supports. This feature, while still incomplete, is documented in the web
documentation and in the development version.

Dave