[ntp:questions] Writing an SNTP script for Runtime Revolution

Mark nospam at nospam.com
Mon Jul 28 19:39:30 UTC 2008

In article
<nospam-42587B.16252427072008 at fl-69-69-134-194.sta.embarqhsd.net>,
 Mark <nospam at nospam.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm new to this list. Thanks for reading this. I hope, with your help,
> I'll be able to make SNTP available to all Runtime Revolution developers
> (http://www.runrev.com).
>
> Obviously, I would like to open a connection to an SNTP server and get
> the time. I could use a command line tool, but I don't want to use any
> existing tools for this. I want to read the time from a server, directly
> from inside Revolution.

<snip>

Hi people,

Thanks for your replies, even if not too helpful. Especially the
discussion about whether this is a list or not is quite fascinating.

Some of the links you provided are useful. I'll check them out.

Somewhere else, I have found a good perl script, which I'll port to
Revolution.

--
Mark

Economy-x-Talk