[ntp:questions] NTPD concurrent clients limit

David L. Mills mills at udel.edu
Thu Jul 31 13:39:29 UTC 2008

BBill,

The ntpd does keep a most-recently--used list and has for almost twenty
years. It has been used by NIST, USNO and here to find and punish
abusers. See the papers referenced on the NTP project page. The most
interesting case was finding the abusers in a flood of 3000 packets per
second with three load-balanced servers.

Dave