[ntp:questions] Ntpdc crashes when prompting for keyid on Windows

David Woolley david at ex.djwhome.demon.co.uk.invalid
Mon Jun 9 06:41:37 UTC 2008

Steve Kostecke wrote:

> Richard didn't recognise HTML entities.
>
> You're moaning about a meaningless typo.

Unruh's decode of the broken email was correct.  What is being shown is
not just the command, but the command and the prompt, or at least
hopefully that is the case (the questioner could have seen documentation
with that intent and actually typed the whole thing at the shell prompt).

I realised that the & g t ;, etc. was the result of broken HTML email
software, but trying to decode it in my head I sawe a redirect operator
for the first > and decided I didn't understand what was going on.
Only when I saw Unruh's decode was it obvious that it was actually part
of the prompt.