[ntp:questions] ACTS Problem with Internal Modem

taro.johnson at gmail.com taro.johnson at gmail.com
Wed Jun 11 04:31:10 UTC 2008

On Jun 10, 5:08 am, Steve Kostecke <koste... at ntp.org> wrote:
> On 2008-06-10, Harlan Stenn <st... at ntp.org> wrote:
>
> >Attribution Missing wrote:
>
> >> Quoted context omitted
>
> > Just to ask, have you seenhttp://bugs.ntp.org/367?
>
> Bug 367 concerns an ACTS driver problem:
>
> | ACTS driver hangs up after header receipt
> |
> | Is this driver still in a state of flux? My latest build happily calls
> | NIST ACTS, sees the header and then hangs up without waiting for the
> | timing strings. The same system runs an older 4.1.0 build successfully.
>
> Please see the bug report for additional log information as well as
> on-going discussion.
>
> --
> Steve Kostecke <koste... at ntp.org>
> NTP Public Services Project -http://support.ntp.org/hat

No I hadn't seen the bug provided but after reading over it, I would
say that it doesn't apply the problem I'm having. This modem doesn't
have any dip switches to set but I will see if there is a method to
reset the modem to its factory defaults. I as well saw what appears to
be the modem string being echoed back. The odd thing about that is
that the same results were not seem when just using tip. In the logs I
provided I issued a ATB1&C0&D2E0L1M1Q0V1 to which the modem replied
with OK. The next command that was sent  was ATZ but in the log that
wasn't seen because the modem did just as it was instructed and didn't
echo it.