[ntp:questions] NTP shows all servers in condition "reject"

Steve Kostecke kostecke at ntp.org
Thu Jun 12 03:43:55 UTC 2008

On 2008-06-11, David Woolley <david at djwhome.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> so, although cryptographic signatures are actually tolerated, the
> gateway has stripped the signature.  It is possible that, in doing so,
> it has failed to copy the rest of the message in a fully transparent
> manner.
>
> I wonder if the reason that the original didn't make it onto USENET is
> related.)

Sorry to disappoint you, but I did some checking and the mail to news
gateway _did_ function correctly and the original message was
sucessfully passed to our primary upstream news server.

I've compared the copy of the message in the questions archive and a
decoded copy of the message that was delivered to our primary upstream
server. Both are identical.

So you'll need to cast aspersions elsewhere.

--
Steve Kostecke <kostecke at ntp.org>