[ntp:questions] poll interval - RFC compliance question

Harlan Stenn stenn at ntp.org
Fri Jun 13 23:48:32 UTC 2008

>>> In article <qjA4k.8843$E41.6742 at text.news.virginmedia.com>, "David J Taylor" <david-taylor at blueyonder.neither-this-bit.nor-this-bit.co.uk> writes:

> Harlan Stenn wrote: []
>> Finally, I encourage you and everybody else who is working for a company
>> that has an interest in NTP to get your company to join the the NTP
>> Forum, http://ntpforum.isc.org .  I am happy to do whatever I can to make
>> membership in the NTP Forum a valuable experience.

David> But that's a closed club to paying members only, is it?  I've heard
David> nothing for months, despite expressing an interest.....

It's a group that has membership fees, and those fees will be used to
further the goals of the members *and* the NTP Community.

There are already plenty of opportunities for folks to contribute to NTP in
ways that do not require them to spend money.

The NTP Forum is in its "bootstrap" phase, and is "gearing up for
operations".  That requires organizations to join, and the point of this
introductory phase is to give organizations a chance to "be at the
announcement party", and "bask in the glow" of the official unveiling, and
to be sure their needs and problems will be addressed and satisfied.

Yes, it's going slow.  But it's still going.

And this arena might not be the best place for me to be banging this drum,
but it is one of the better places I know to make the noise.

If anybody has better suggestions I'm open to hearing them.
--
Harlan Stenn <stenn at ntp.org>
http://ntpforum.isc.org  - be a member!