[ntp:questions] poll interval - RFC compliance question

Harlan Stenn stenn at ntp.org
Fri Jun 13 23:59:58 UTC 2008

David> Harlan Stenn wrote: []
>> Finally, I encourage you and everybody else who is working for a company
>> that has an interest in NTP to get your company to join the the NTP
>> Forum, http://ntpforum.isc.org .  I am happy to do whatever I can to make
>> membership in the NTP Forum a valuable experience.

David> But that's a closed club to paying members only, is it?  I've heard
David> nothing for months, despite expressing an interest.....

David> Thanks, David

And here's another slant - Anton wrote his post apparently as part of a
commercial need his employer has.  This need encompasses clarifications of
the NTP specification (progress on which has been *painfully* slow for a
variety of reasons), perhaps some regulatory compliance, and
interoperability needs.

I don't think those needs are being met by the current process.  Some folks
agree with me.  Some do not.

David, you participate here a fair amount.  Are you satisfied with the
"state" of NTP?  Is this involvement of yours (just) a personal choice or do
you have other reasons for being interested in NTP?

If it's more than a personal project for you, what are *you* doing to help
the project flourish?

--
Harlan Stenn <stenn at ntp.org>
http://ntpforum.isc.org  - be a member!