[ntp:questions] poll interval - RFC compliance question

David Woolley david at ex.djwhome.demon.co.uk.invalid
Sat Jun 14 10:24:36 UTC 2008

Anton Persson A wrote:

> Is this requirement also valid for ntp v3, I can't quite find it
> but I'm unsure? The reason I'm asking is that we have quite
> a blood thirsty testing squad here and I need to clarify
> if this is a compliance requirement or not.

Why aren't you just using the reference implementation code?  The only
issue I'm aware of about the licence is that that OpenBSD claim the
wording means it doesn't meet their free for commercial use requirements
whereas Dave Mills claims that the licence already meets that
requirement, and doesn't need rewording.