[ntp:questions] poll interval - RFC compliance question

David L. Mills mills at udel.edu
Sat Jun 14 19:28:03 UTC 2008

David, Anton,

As I have reminded folks many, many times, please read the copyright
statement in the distribution. Note very carefully that there is no
license, only a copyright statement that clearly specifies no fee, no
restictions on use other than including the copyright statement itself
in derived products.

Except for one minor word change, the copyright statement is identical
to the one used by MIT in Project Athena and has not chenged since 1988.

Be advised, lawyers have already stalked me about restictive licenses; I
threw the one from IBM, who showed up unannounced, right back out the door.

Dave