[ntp:questions] Clock accuracy stats

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.neither-this-bit.nor-this-bit.co.uk
Mon Jun 16 06:13:50 UTC 2008

Alan wrote:
>    I installed and setup NTP on my PC as a client, using the server
> time.nist.gov.  I would like to view accuracy statistics.  I tried the
> "ntpq -p" command, but I get the error: "No association ID's
> returned".
>
>      I also downloaded and installed NTPmonitor, but it says the
> status of each of the default list of servers (time.nist.gov, etc.) is
> unknown, and says that it is "disconnected" from each of them.
>
>      I am running on Windows Vista, but the NTP software (and
> NTPmonitor) is installed in another directory, not the standard
> "Program Files" directory that can result in problems (cannot write to
> it).
>
>              Thanks, Alan

Alan,

In your firewall software, please ensure that both NTPD and NTPQ have both
incoming and outgoing Internet access allowed.  (Outgoing alone may be
enough).  Restart NTP.

If that is OK, either check the server list for NTP, or look in the event
viewer to see any error messages from the NTP application.

Cheers,
David