[ntp:questions] Where is the log file?

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.neither-this-bit.nor-this-bit.co.uk
Mon Jun 16 06:19:26 UTC 2008

Alan wrote:
>   I changed the configuration file and wanted to stop and then
> restart the NTP client on my PC.  When I run the stopntp, restartntp
> or startntp batch files, I get System Error 5 - Access Denied errors
> again.
>
>              Alan

I recall there was a protection issue with some of the NTP files, but I
can't find my notes at the moment.  Check in the Event Viewer for the
error message.  If it happens about one hour after NTP starts, it might be
NTP trying to write the drift file. I would simply make the NTP directory
completely open.

Cheers,
David