[ntp:questions] NTP on Windows Vista

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.neither-this-bit.nor-this-bit.co.uk
Fri Jun 20 21:06:23 UTC 2008

Richard B. Gilbert wrote:
> David J Taylor wrote:
>> Richard B. Gilbert wrote:
>> []
>>> Have you considered reinstalling Windows XP?
>>
>> No, because this is a Vista testbed, and the objective is to get NTP
>> working here as well as it does on all the other Windows PC systems
>> (NT4, 2000, XP etc.).
>>
>> David
>>

> My condolences!

No need for that, Richard.  So far Vista has run everything I've thrown at
it (with the exception of NTP) with no significant problems.  I've run
some quite unusual software, including a satellite download link of some
20GB per day.  It's actually quite a nice OS to use, and feels smooth in
operation.  With the majority of today's new PCs running Vista, it's an OS
which I cannot afford ignore.

Cheers,
David