[ntp:questions] Kiss-O'-Death

David L. Mills mills at udel.edu
Thu Jun 26 03:02:50 UTC 2008

Bob,

Unless Meinberg is using a newer version than the release version, I
doubt it has rate management controls. See the Rate Management and the
Kiss-o'-Death  page in the web documentation for how the scheme works.
You don't tell the server to send a KoD; you tell it your minimum
acceptable headway and it does what needs. Note that the recent server
will send KoD packets as required, only the recent client can respond in
the intended way.

Dave