[ntp:questions] Frequency Error on Sun4v

Brian Utterback brian.utterback at sun.com
Thu Jun 26 13:53:20 UTC 2008

Fran Horan wrote:

> Thanks Brian.
>
> Can you provide a firmware rev number where the fix was first introduced ?
> Is there a firmware tunable to disable frequency modulation ?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Fran Horan
> JHU/APL

No, I don't know when it was introduced, but since the problem was the
spread-spectrum was not being taken into account, for any platform
that has spread-spectrum support then the question is not when it was
introduced, but when it was fixed. All version prior to the fixed
version would have the problem.

To answer your second question, there is a tunable and you can turn
the spread-spectrum off, but I do not know what it is. Sorry.

Brian Utterback