[ntp:questions] Interface IP address Change.

kiran shirol kiran.shirol at gmail.com
Mon Jun 30 04:18:41 UTC 2008

Frank,

Instead of using a polling approach, would it not be better we use a
notification model, where in whenever there
is a change in the IP address a notification be generated from the interface
managing module. I am not sure if
there is such a facility availble currently, I will check the same a get
back.

My point is , the probability of change in the IP address is low and hence
periodic polling may not be the best
approach. Let me know your comments.

Thanks
Kiran