[ntp:questions] Default config on Ubuntu doesn't work as client

Harlan Stenn stenn at ntp.org
Mon Mar 10 03:52:17 UTC 2008

>>> In article <20080309231536.67e0fc80.miallen at ioplex.com>, Michael B Allen <miallen at ioplex.com> writes:

Michael> For example, I just installed the "ntp" package on a Ubuntu
Michael> server. So I waited an hour and absolutely nothing happened. The
Michael> time has been out of sync by 3 minutes since ntpd was installed.

Michael> I did a capture and I can see requests are being answered. There
Michael> are no firewalls in the way.

Michael> The default config is inlined below. The only thing I changed was
Michael> 'server 192.168.2.15' which is the time server (which I know
Michael> works).

I think you need a "restrict" line for 192.168.2.15 .

See http://support.ntp.org/Support/AccessRestrictions .

--
Harlan Stenn <stenn at ntp.org>
http://ntpforum.isc.org  - be a member!