[ntp:questions] pool configuration directive on Windows

Martin Burnicki martin.burnicki at meinberg.de
Mon Mar 10 10:11:09 UTC 2008

Danny,

Danny Mayer wrote:
> The real problem here is that as long as this is a volunteer effort it's
> hard to get someone to keep track of when a new feature is introduced or
> a bug is fixed apart from what we are doing in the Changelog.

Right. The volunteers are doing a great job which is really appreciated.

> As you
> know the -stable release only changes with bug fixes and no new
> enhancements are introduced there unless the minor rev is bumped. The
> best that can be done right now is to include in Changelog whenever a
> new feature is introduced.

Right again, and basically this is a good thing. However it's even hard for
people who are loosely involved in the development to keep track of when /
in which version new features become available, and it's even much harder
for those who are "just" users of NTP.

So there's still room for improvements.

Martin
--