[ntp:questions] Windows Time with NTPv4

David L. Mills mills at udel.edu
Mon Mar 10 15:53:41 UTC 2008

Martin,

Thanks for the reminder. In the six years hence the code has gone
through a number of securiy audits and defensive adjustments, one or
more of which might have plugged the hole. The code at time.nist.gov is
4.1.1b, which must be before 4.1.1c, dated 10 June 2003, and has the
hole plugged, so the hole got plugged before that.

There is talk about the code being audited by someone other than me, in
which case the hole might get plugged again.

Does the Meinberg workaround appear in Microsoft KB?

Dave