[ntp:questions] May sound like a newbe question, but....

Koos van den Hout koos at cs.uu.nl
Tue Mar 11 14:31:15 UTC 2008

VFikov <v.fikov at gmail.com> wrote:

> The problem is simple: A big building, about 350-400 Windows XP PCs,
> and 2 Linux servers not only for NTP, but for it too... Now today, on
> my laptop I had to edit the registry of the XP, so it could sync with
> the NTP. Does some one have an idea, how to skip the registry editing,
> and may be edit the servers configuration ... So I will not have to go
> to every PC and start the reg file I made ...

> Please if someone know how to make the damn Windows sync with the
> NTPs, it would be great.. :)

If you just want to adjust the server they contact for syncing (and not the
other settings) you could modify the local dns (if you control that) to
make 'time.windows.com' point to your local timeserver.

                                                      Koos van den Hout

Koos van den Hout, herding Suns and networks as koos at cs.uu.nl
+31-30-2534104              PGP keyid 0x27513781
http://idefix.net/~koos/            Use PGP when possible!
Weather maps from free sources at http://weather.idefix.net/