[ntp:questions] Windows Time with NTPv4

Evandro Menezes evandro at mailinator.com
Wed Mar 12 17:22:55 UTC 2008

But doesn't symmetric association require authorization or is it only
true when there's a keys file?

I ask because after following this thread, I noticed that NTP running
on our NAS had three Windows XP systems as peers.  Luckily, their
jitter sucked and being themselves synchronized to the NAS they were
never selected as references.  Anyways, I removed the line disabling
authorization and NTP didn't accept those systems as peers anymore,
even though they still connect to the NAS using mode 1.

Thanks.