[ntp:questions] pool configuration directive on Windows

Danny Mayer mayer at ntp.isc.org
Sun Mar 16 01:26:52 UTC 2008

Dave,

No I haven't thought about IGMP. NTP is only involved in the sense that
it sends an IGMP message to the router notifying it of it's request to
receive multicast messages with a given IP address. It has no other
interaction with IGMP. It's then the router's responsibility to forward
messages with that IP address to the wire on which the multicast
requestor resides.

I do not see how this would affect autokey since autokey is done on a
one-to-one basis by specific (non-multicast) address. The multicast
address is not involved in autokey.

I'm not sure what you mean by an autokey name. It's not even clear to me
how you would ensure uniqueness of the name. I am, however, interested.

Danny