[ntp:questions] SNTP server + ntpd 4.2.4 client

Peter Laws plaws at ou.edu
Tue Mar 18 18:26:02 UTC 2008

Unruh wrote:

> Just looked it up. A bit bizarre-- power over the ethernet? The ethernet
> has no power supply capability. Do you mean that you have to supply the
> device with 60V running on one of the unused ethernet cable lines? Sounds
> noisy to me.

You have no PoE devices in your environment?  Phones over twisted pair?  No
APs?  Cool!  :-)

The thing that strikes me as odd about this device is that it *doesn't*
support NTP.  If you are building a time appliance, why would you scrimp on
the code and deny your customers NTP?

--
Peter Laws / N5UWY
plaws at ou.edu