[ntp:questions] minpoll 3

Serge Bets serge.bets at NOSPAM.laposte.invalid
Fri Mar 21 19:00:47 UTC 2008

Hello David,

 On Tuesday, March 18, 2008 at 2:44:12 +0000, David L. Mills wrote:

> you need to set the minimum average headway/system minimum poll
> interval to 3 in both the server and client; otherwise, the server
> will declare a rate violation and toss you a KoD. Use the discard
> average 3 command in both the server and client.

Thank you: I had no discard command. So now I tried on both the server
and the client:

| discard average 3
| server <ip> minpoll 3

Still same symptoms: The machines don't discipline their clocks. Until
the poll interval ramps to 16 seconds on the client. Forever on the
server, whose refclock sticks to minpoll. And ntptime shows time
constant 0 for minpoll 3 as well as for minpoll 4.

Serge.